Our BRC is underpinned by a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in research. To achieve this we have set the following objectives which are reviewed on an annual basis.
- We will continue to adhere to and support equality charters which include the Athena SWAN Charter and Race Equality Charter.
- We have committed to support new research initiatives to help measure our performance on equality, diversity and inclusion. This includes monitoring diversity data on applications and awards for each of our research and training programmes each year.
- We will also record the constitution of the committees, boards and groups that advise our work and the diversity of our own workforce.
- We will track changes over time as we strive to be more inclusive.
- We will support initiatives to involve a more diverse range of patients, public and communities and track improvements in line with our funder, the NIHR.