Internships are short-duration awards for individuals with little or no research experience. The award covers salary costs for the days undertaking the Internship away from clinical practice, and typically lasts between 3 and 6 months.
Clinical Research Internship Opportunity for Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals
Are you a graduate Band 5, 6 or 7 NMAHP? Are you interesting in developing research skills and knowledge?
The Oxford NIHR Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) is supporting 5 research internships for NMAHPs to have some protected time to develop research knowledge and skills.
If you are interested in exploring clinical research in your current role in practice, then this internship may offer you time to do so. The internship can be used for any of the following:
- develop a research, quality improvement, service improvement, audit, or service evaluation idea into a proposal.
- conduct a quality improvement, service improvement, audit, or service evaluation project that has already been designed and has approval.
- analysis of existing data and to write a paper for publication in a peer review journal.
- conduct a literature review and write up for publication in a peer review journal.
- use data from practice and devise an implementation plan with results.
You will be offered individual research development and will receive 1:1 research mentoring from experienced researchers during the internship. Clear outcomes will be used to measure the success of the internship.
The internship is 0.4 WTE (15 hrs per week) for 6 months from September 2023 until February 2024. It is expected that you will continue a proportion of your clinical role during the internship. You will need to have identified a project before applying as well as a statement from your current line manager agreeing to support you in applying for this internship.
If you are interested, please download and complete an application form. If you have further questions please contact Dr Karen Bell NIHR Oxford BRC Training and Education Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 May 2023 17:00, interviews 21 June, start date w/b 11 September 2023.