Products and innovations that result from the work of our researchers and academics are classed as intellectual property (IP) and this is an important asset for the Oxford BRC.
We work closely both with Oxford University Innovation and NHS Innovations to protect and commercialise IP arising out of OxBRC research projects.
Oxford University Innovation
Oxford University Innovation is the University of Oxford’s technology and research commercialisation company. Teams at OUI manage the University’s intellectual property portfolio, working with University academics and researchers who wish to commercialise their work and use their expertise to create impact in wider society.
OUI can help you with:
- Commercialisation of research and intellectual property
- Establishing and supporting start-ups and spinouts
- Clinical outcome measures
- Translational funding
- Commercialising IP in partnership with Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
You can also speak to an OUI staff member through their hot desk scheme, which makes it easier for staff to access their expertise and advice.
Research Services work with Oxford’s researchers, divisions, departments, collaborators and funders to facilitate world-class research and provide comprehensive support across the research lifecycle – supporting funding applications, grant management and contracting to IP management and interactions with regional and national organisations.
Research Services can help you with:
- Grant applications and associated awards
- Research contracts
- Identifying Intellectual Property
- Clinical Trials and Research Governance (including support on ethical issues)
- Regional partnerships in research and innovation
- Information on funding opportunities
- Knowledge Exchange & Impact – creating, capturing and evaluating research impact