Writing Retreat for Nurses
Tuesday 6 July - Thursday 8 July
We are facilitating a three-day writing retreat to provide space and time to write. This writing retreat is sponsored by the Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC). It is open to all nurses at any career stage, who are working at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and who need time and space to focus on writing without interruption. We will provide a mentor to guide you with your writing.
The retreat aims are to:
- give you time and space to make progress on a writing project
- help you become more aware of your writing processes and use this to help you write more productively.
Writing projects that could be worked on during the retreat include:
- thesis/dissertation chapter(s)
- a paper for a peer-reviewed journal from a completed piece of research, service evaluation, quality improvement, audit, or literature review
- development of a research proposal for future application
- analyzing data that will form part of a report or publication.
We ask that delegates who attend commit to the full three days and that you come with a clear writing plan and achievable outcomes. The event will take place in central Oxford where space will be provided to write without distraction.
There are 15 places available, and the closing date for applications is 7 June 2021.