- This event has passed.
To public co-applicant or not to public co-applicant?
Friday 9 July @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- What’s the difference between a public co-applicant and the other people involved in the PPI on a study?
- Should all studies have a public co-applicant?
- When is it a good idea to have a public co-applicant on a research study?
- What do public co-apps do? Who should they be?
- What support should be provided to public co-applicants?
Questions, questions, questions….
Join Amander Wellings (speaker/panellist), Heidi Surridge (speaker/panellist) & Dr Susannah Hopper (panellist) to hear about and discuss public co-applicants with the NIHR.
This session is hosted by the Wessex Public Involvement Network and NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre. We welcome anyone with an interest in the topic including researchers, public contributors, PPI leads and NIHR staff.
- Amander Wellings, PPI representative for 17 years, service user and family carer, Co Author NIHR Public Co-applicant Guidance, ex INVOLVE advisory group member, NIHR Policy Research Programme core public committee member. Current public co-applicant on NIHR Public Health Intervention Responsive Studies Team (PHIRST): PHIRST Central
- Heidi Surridge, PPI Research Manager, NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre
- Dr Susannah Hopper, Senior Research Manager, NIHR Health Services and Delivery Research Programme
To join us please register via Eventbrite by following this link.
The event will be held on Zoom and a link will be shared to registered individuals before the day.