• Do you have experience of treatment resistant depression either as a patient or a carer?
• Are you interested in medical research?
• Would you like to share your experience and interest to contribute to a new research study?
A new research trial is seeking patient and carer members for their Patient Advisory Group.
The research trial will evaluate the drug pramipexole as add-on treatment for people with treatment resistant depression, and the researchers are looking for people who:
• Have experience of treatment resistant depression either as a patient or a carer
• Have an interest in medical research
• Are willing to share your experience as a patient or carer, and your reflections on how someone with similar experience may respond to various aspects of the study design
• Have a willingness to listen to, and consider, different perspectives and opinions
• Live within a reasonable travel distance of Oxford
The Patient Advisory Group will help ensure the research is both relevant and feasible, including reviewing the trial design and helping develop information for trial participants.
Members of the Patient Advisory Group will have expenses paid plus be offered reimbursement for their time, as outlined in Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre’s payment policy.
Full details can be found on the BRC website:
• Advert: https://oxfordhealthbrc.nihr.ac.uk/join-our-patient-advisory-group-for-a-new-research-study/
• Group and role description: https://oxfordhealthbrc.nihr.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/PAX-D-Patient-Advisory-Group-Outline-FINAL.pdf
Members of the Advisory Group will have expenses paid plus be offered reimbursement for their time, as outlined in Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre’s payment policy: https://oxfordhealthbrc.nihr.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/OHBRCCRF_PPIPaymentPolicy_forPublic_FINAL-Update-July18-2.pdf
We encourage interested people to get in touch with us as soon as possible. The deadline for expressions of interest is 13 June 2019, but if we receive a large number of contacts we may fill all the spaces in the group before this date.
Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre